Cam belts

Just about to buy an Accord coupe, it's done 64,000 mls. Anyone know the recommended point at which the belt(s) should be changed. I have a 96 Accord and i changed mine at 60,000 mile intervals, but a mate who is a RAC patrolman reckons it is around the 80,000 mls mark. As i have not purchased the car until Saturday it might make a difference to the final price (dons haggling head). any help appreciated Ian

Reply to
jumpers for goal posts

it is so close to 80k that it should be changed for peace of mind.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "mrcheerful" contains these words:

An accqaintance was 4k overdue for his A4 cambelt change - and it went on the way to have it done!

Reply to
Guy King

Seconded. As an addage, I've a tendency to renew the cambelt on every car I buy because then you're 100% sure of when it was done.

Reply to
Conor