Can you hear different cars?

Obviously it's not the same model then as my 1.9d Xsara. I can't differentiate that from a tractor.

Reply to
Matt Smith

LOL!

You git.

Reply to
DervMan

That sort of generic comment is complete tosh, unless you believe a 1996 Ka sounds like a 2005 model.

In short they don't.

*cough* You think so?
Reply to
DervMan

That will be very few then. Far too many Ka owners service it once a year, whether it needs it or not.

I'm happy for the myth that once the Endura-E gets to 30,000 miles, it sounds like a bag of nails, to be repeated on and on and on. Our Ka wasn't like this.

Reply to
DervMan

DervMan ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They last that long before they fall apart?

Reply to
Adrian

It could be that they do the last 10k on the back of a transporter of course ;-)

Sorry - couldn't resist!

Cheers Da.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Oh, I don't think I've noticed one of the more recent KA's. I've never been near one with the engine running. I do know sombody with a fairly new one, so I'll have a listen sometime.

Yeah, maybe not all, but certainly the ones I've noticed. Fiesta's, and Focus'.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

Might they have been... er... diesels?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Nooo you'll spoil the wind up... :)

Reply to
DervMan

Not if you keep the valve clearances adjusted correctly. I used to have to tighten mine up about once per year.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett