Can you solve this?

Thanks. Have only had a couple of Fords, and not for a long time. But I was sure at least one of my vehicles had nuts, just could not remember which.

Reply to
newshound

Some have studs and nuts on one end, bolts on the other. I've got two of 'em parked here.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian put finger to keyboard:

Yerbut you have old French stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the three nuts/bolts on a 2CV all had different thread pitches :-)

Reply to
Scion

Except these are German...

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian put finger to keyboard:

I'm guessing the VW van is one. ISTR a 2CV and a Pug 205 diesel in the mix, hence my French comment. What's the other German?

Reply to
Scion

Ah, that'll be the other VW van...

(FWIW, and if you care, the 205's petrol, whilst the Shogun died and has been replaced with a series Landy)

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian put finger to keyboard:

Ah, I'm mixing your Pug up with someone else's then.

I was down in Brighton about three weekends ago, there must have been three hundred or so Landys on show along Madeira Drive. Ah, it was the SLSLRC London to Brighton run. Kinda like the veteran car rally, but with more chance of reaching the destination :-)

Reply to
Scion

Bet it was the nearside as offside bolts tend to tighten themselves as the wheel turns, for years now a lot of commercial vans (Twin Axle Transits typ e and up ) have had left handed threads so as they tighten as the wheel tur ns I'm very surprised this idea has not been taken up as a standard for all cars and caravans.

Reply to
reevco62