Frequency of a key FOB?

Anyone know what frequency they work at? Key fobs don't work at my house for some reason. You go two houses down and it works fine.

We do have several wireless routers in our area.

Reply to
m6onz5a

After market or factory? OEMs run 315 mhz for many domestics, 433 mhz for many imports Many after market run 433 mhz

Is it all the time or certain hours? Do they work if you get real close? Cell tower or signal boosters around? Remote control sprinklers?

Reply to
Steve W.

In the US, it's in the 433 MHz ISM band. Like all ISM bands, it's a dumping ground for trash and you have to accept whatever interference you get from other sources.

Those are apt to be way up on the 2.4 GHz ISM band.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey