Car Buying advice please

Would appreciate a bit of advice from you knowledgeable llot here ( Creep Creep ) What is the best deal I could expect to ger from a car supemarket e.g Car Giant ........ discount off windscreen price ? I have cash but I guess that could be a disadvantage if they make money out of selling finance packages etc. What about cars that were priced up last year but now effectively a year older now its new year ?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
chris

Next to nothing and cash doesn't usually get you anywhere.

Reply to
Conor

And their trade-in prices are rather low to say the least! Jon

Reply to
Jon

And their trade-in prices are rather low to say the least!

Like Fords of Winsford. Their prices look good, about £1000 less than usual dealer price. They you find they allow a £1000 less for your part ex. It's only a good deal the first time you buy from them with cash and no part ex. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Always work out the "price to change" as this gives you the price you are actually are paying.

If you have no part- ex, you can always cut a better deal especially in January when traditionally is a slow time for car dealers. Offer them a low price and be willing to walk away.

Reply to
Anthony Stopforth

It probably depends which type of car you want. I think the more expensive ones tend to have bigger savings. Have a look at the 'trade sales' website, there are some prices on there.

Reply to
Peter

Generally the supermarkert prices are 'no haggle' so you won't get a discount. They function on a low margin/high turnover business model.

Reply to
Me

This will work at the dealers, but the "Car Supermarkets" have such low margins they rarely move far. The ones near me don't actually own the cars, merely acting as sales agents for their suppliers, so have even less control on prices. I don't actually like them much having heard terrible after sales stories, and followed my friend through one such experience which ended up with him getting a £1500 repair bill that he expected to be a warranty claim.

Thanks for all the input ...... If I do decide to go the supermarket route I would be very tempted to take out a warranty with an independent provider ...... there seem to be plenty on the net. As I understand a awarranty is extra anyway. Anybody recommend a good one ? Don'y you have to have the car serviced at outset .. Would they accept the sellers pre delivery check etc. ?

Reply to
chris