Car carpet supplier?

My van has got worn carpets, and I'd like some new ones. Suzuki would probably charge as much as the van is worth for a new set,though it is doubtful they can get them now anyway for an 11yo van, so are there any suppliers out there who supply ready cut carpet, or do they just supply a roll, and you cut it yourself? Thanks for any pointers. Ta Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

might be a possibility - they have specificranges for classics, but I'm sure they would supply carpet off the rollif asked.

also supply various ranges of carpet andtrim, and are probably cheaper than Newton. The cheap option, which I sometimes use in Minis, is to go to the local carpet warehouse and buy a few yards of cord carpet at about £2 a yard

Reply to
asahartz

Not neccesarily fireproof enough for a car though. Given how quick they tend to go up when they do, it'd be fairly important to me.

Reply to
Doki

Most car carpet is NOT fireproof, I sold car trim for over 20 years, some has a fire resistant backing but is little different in construction to domestic carpet. By the time your carpets go up in flames the rest of your car will be well gone !! You should be able to find suitable car carpet on a small roll from good independent car accessory shops or from a local trim company. If a local house carpet shop has a good plain tufted Wilton carpet that would be fantastic and take you into Rolls Royce territory.....I snapped up some beautiful dark grey plain Wilton offcuts when I worked for a flooring company recently, but the plain cord or loop pile also works a treat. Get yourself a good glue gun and glue sticks of a matching colour and it's possible to tailor a carpet to fit really well. Make newspaper templates for any tricky bits if you are in any doubt.

Reply to
robsmelt

Renault miganne 2.0 16v 2002 manual trans,

unable to rev like a govener fitted

Car At times hard to start from cold

also when engine warm car revs to about 200 rpm then if you try to rev more hunts badly making the car un driveable

It is like someone switching a cut off when the engine reaches 2000 rpm plus

I did notice the fuel pressure regulator had only 1 bolt instaed of 2 when I moved this regulator it appeared to cure the problem

Si I removed the rgulaor and tried to clen but sealed replaced the missing securing bolt but on re start of the car still the same problem

but now on moving the regulator makes no differance , I have tried the wiring and all ok

I know this is a bit vague but does this sound like a fuel regulator problem

thanks for the help

Reply to
ticker