Car Alarm

Ok my car alarm has started going off once every 24 hours roughly between

4pm & 5pm, thankfully it's not in the early hours, anyway can anyone offer an insight as to why it's suddenly going off? It hasn't been in the garage since it's last service/MOT which was a few months ago.

TIA

Redman

Reply to
Redman

"Redman" wrote

Does this happen every day?

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

Somebody could be trying to wind you up by banging it every day when they finish work?

Reply to
DervMan

what sort of alarm is it, something might be spiking it, interference from another electrical appliance.

Reply to
reg

Redman ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Don't set the alarm when you park it.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes m8 and it only started on Thursday

Redman

Reply to
Redman

Bit of a pain in the arse to not set it as it automatically arms with the remote central locking button, would be more hassle to disarm it.

Redman

Reply to
Redman

Not likely as nothing or nobody has been passing it when it's went off, also my street is a main road for the local bus service and my house shakes (well up stairs does) when buses and lorrys go past but this hasn't set the alarm off.

Redman

Reply to
Redman

Redman ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

How much hassle is it to put the key in the lock and turn it?

Reply to
Adrian

The alarm still arms even doing this, I've just had a look thru the handbook and it's a pain to disarm it, anyway the bloody thing just went off again at

4.15pm, called the dealer where I bought it and it's going back tomorrow for them to look at it.

Thanks

Redman

Reply to
Redman

Apologises m8, you were correct, upon reading further, i.e. turning the bloody page helps, it tells you that too disarm the alarm just use the key in the lock. The only downside is that if I forget it'll be off all night, would my insurance pay out for that I wonder?

Redman

Reply to
Redman

Probably not.

Reply to
DervMan

Aie doesn't sound likely.

Okay, so, if it's between four and five, is this a certain number of hours after you've driven the car?

Some alarms go off when the battery voltage drops off, so maybe, just maybe, the battery is a bit weak.

I'd not put money on that, but, I can't think what else would cause an alarm to go off at a certain time if it isn't a local high speed train, or similar...

Reply to
DervMan

DervMan ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Just as well the alarm was set when it was nicked, then...

Reply to
Adrian

Well I thought about that and the first time it happened was about 2 hours after I'd driven it, then it was about 6 hours and the thing hadn't been used for about 48 hours and it went off at 4.50pm on Saturday and 4.15pm yesterday.

Redman

Reply to
Redman

*cough* Yup, quite right.
Reply to
DervMan

It is possible that the car battery is playing up. A sudden small change in voltage as happens when the cells start flaking is enough to set some alarms off. This usually happens during the night due to the colder temperatures.

Reply to
Lager and chips

you could make sure the windows are closed, the air button thingy set to recirculate and If you have it turn the interior sensor off

Reply to
Tommy