Car stereo

I have a Vauxall astra. The stereo can be used/operated from the steering wheel. If I change the stereo, will it still be operated from the steering wheel or do I have to just use the new stereo as a normal stereo. if so what will happen to the old stereo as in Function wise

Stephen

Reply to
STEPHEN

You can get stalk control adapters for certain stereo's - Sony is one of the main one's.

Have a google, lots of people sell the stalk adapters.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

thanks Andy. I have had a look @ them, and there are so many of them , and I don't know which one it will fit

Here are the stalk control adapters here

Stephen

Reply to
STEPHEN

Some manufactures offer adaptors for OE controls, personally if I had a vauxhall then I'd look at the kenwood offerings, as these can connect to the display in thecar also....

Reply to
Avanti

Nipple Vice boy.

Ted Rubberford.

Reply to
Ted Rubberford

There is a special connection for the wheel controls. Unless the new unit has this interface, then the wheel controls will be redundant. Likewise the existing unit will work ok without the wheel controls, (assuming it has it's own display).

John

Reply to
John