Cars that give 60-70 Mpg

In message , Guy King writes

If he takes that off your hands, I'm putting you forward for "salesman of the year".

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I will respectfully decline on this occasion.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) contains these words:

It's free! I'll even bung in a cup of coffee!

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Guy King writes

Stick with it Guy, he's definitely interested.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Don't drink coffee... and Tinworm is not my favourite beastie.

I only want a diesel maestro to use the front end to make a monstro...

Reply to
Paul Cummins

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) contains these words:

It's not the front end that's rusty - it's the rear arches. Tea any good?

Reply to
Guy King

Yeah, I can see he's warming to the idea.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

One question... why?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Maestro Front End, Montego Boot.

Register it as an LM14.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

Earl Grey plus the loan of a trailer?

Reply to
Paul Cummins

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) contains these words:

In a way it's a shame they never made a Maestro estate - only it'd be much the same as a Montego estate.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) contains these words:

SOLD! To the man with the loose knees and the wooden eye.

Reply to
Guy King

Yeah, I know what a 'Monstro' is, just can't see why someone would want to cobble one together.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I do mean a long-term loan... Somewhere round 14 years ;-)

Reply to
Paul Cummins

The looks of a maestro, the storage space of a Montego and, since it's a diesel Austin, (LM12 not LM14) The insurance costs of a reliant robin...

Seems like good reasons to me.

Anyway, the Chinese Monstro is the other way round - Montego nose, Maestro Body and Tail.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) contains these words:

You can keep the bloody thing. Of course - it's too small to get a car on...

It's a wreck - though useable. 6'x4' - bought to transport 8x4 sheets. Very handy, but very heavy and cumbersome. In a while I intend to build a folding flattie - strong enough to cope with perhaps four 8x4 sheets of MDF, unbraked, folding across behind the axle so I can stand it on end in the car port and not use to much space. It'll be fairly wide 'cos unlike those narstly little box trailers you can buy at Halfrauds the weight'll be between the wheels not above 'em. I don't s'pose the load deck will be more than about 10" off the floor.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) contains these words:

Now that's just silly. Must look something like the wedgie Princess.

Reply to
Guy King

(!)

Erm, you might want to re-think that one. They're not that cheap to insure... at least not in my experience.

And you'll be wanting TD power if you're going to use the heavier Montego shell.

Agreed... and bloody awful it looks too - well out of proportion... something I'm not so sure what you're proposing won't be, but each to their own.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Paul Cummins

OK, she who must be obeyed says "No, No and thrice No"

So I can't have the project car... or the cup of tea... or the trailer.

Sorry.

Reply to
Paul Cummins