Cars that give 60-70 Mpg

The message from "JackH" contains these words:

The TD estate ain't cheap - mine wasn't!

Reply to
Guy King

My broker said an Austin LM12 will be less than half what my Renault is costing me.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

They replaced the old pushrod 1.3 with the 1.25 in the base models.

--

"The mood and temper of the public in regard to the treatment of crimeand criminals is one of the most unfailing tests of civilisation in anycountry." (Winston Churchill)

Reply to
PeterE

A 1.25 litre Fiesta might well achieve 59 mpg on the extra-urban cycle but in practice that is totally unachievable in real life.

In my experience driving gently on longish runs in quiet conditions may just beat the "combined" figure, but if doing a lot of urban commuting the "urban" figure is quite realistic.