Changing battery reset electronics - can this happen??

Hi all,

I've now got a 1997 Vauxhall Astra Estate 1.7TD. Very nice she to.

When I went to look at this car the battery was flat, it was started with a couple of booster packs.

Now I've got the car and the battery was still not happy turning over the engine, so I bought a nice new one. Once I fitted it to the car strange things had happened.

The power windows lost the one touch up & down function, the rev counter didnt work & the incar display was showing reset. On starting the car and taking it for a run it drives differently than from when I picked it up.

After about 2 mins or so the rev counter started working, after 20 mins the power windows remembered their one touch settings.

What the hell happened?? - see that my car has more electronics under the bonnet than a friends car (same make, and model but a different spec) which is two years older than mine.

Cheers

Astraman - Slightly puzzeled :-)

Reply to
Astraman