CHANGING CORRODED BRAKE PIPE ON FORD PUMA

I need to change the offside rear brake pipe on my Ford Puma which has become corroded. Pre ABS systems this would be an easy job, but I read (in a Ford KA manual) that problems can develop when trying to bleed the system fitted with ABS and that if this happens I would have to trailer the car to a Ford dealer to purge the system using special equipment. What is the liklihood of this - and if I do run into difficulties are there any dodges a home mechanic can do?

Reply to
Sunday Driver

this is a straightforward job provided you don't let all the fluid fall out, so you need a brake pipe clamp, other than that it is completely normal.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful