Cit Picasso rear light cluster

OK so I'm useless at DIY,

but even I refuse to go to a garage to have a light bulb changed!

A rear brake light has gone on my Citroen Picasso. When I had a Citroen ZX all you needed for lightbulb jobs were a Philips screw driver and/or maybe a spanner to do undo retaining nut.

Now there seem to be some spring clips that are very clever I'm sure but I don't know how to use them!

Any experience with these anybody? What do you have to do to get light cluster out, and preferably, back in?

Reply to
Clumsus

Every car I've ever had tells you how to change bulbs in the driver's handbook.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

RTFM! DaveK

Reply to
davek

Yes, but *some* of them now say "take the car to your dealer".

A real quick Google turned up this for the OP:

John Laird

Thanks everybody ... the 'fantastic manual' wasn't as clear as the stuff in the Picasso Forum.

Reply to
Clumsus

Strange, I've never had a driver's handbook that had bulbs in.

:-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Sure this doesn't refer to HIDs?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah wait, "Xenon" bulbs ?

There are certainly cars where changing bulbs at the front is most definitely *not* a 2-minute side of the road job, simply because of the under the bonnet gubbins that must be removed/moved first. I think even on mine, one headlamp requires an air intake to be pulled off, and both indicators are accessed via the wheel wells and are behind splash panels. Curiously, the manual section on wiper blades goes into detail of how to replace just the rubbers... (Perhaps they knew that even after 4 years production, the after-market makers still wouldn't have caught up with the odd sizes.)

Reply to
John Laird

High Intensity Discharge. Covers all this type whether Xenon or not.

Yes - some headlights can be a pain. But there's no reason for taillights to be - after all they back on to an open space, the boot. Not an engine compartment where space can be tight.

On my BMW you undo one turnbuckle and the entire lamp holder cluster comes out from the lens.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Also sprach John Laird :-

Please hang on for the next operator, Shirely?

Reply to
Guy King