Rear Light Cluster - Peugeot 205 H reg

OK i've got the lens off pretty easy, but how do I get the actual cluster off (the bit holding all the bulbs) ???

It seems to be almost free from the body, but something is just holding it in ??? You cannot get your hands in from inside the boot.

Reply to
the pilot

I take it you've undome the bolts holding it in? If so then its simply the seal that's stuck and needs persuading off.

Reply to
Conor

I think there are some plastic wing nut type things inside the boot.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

What bolts where ??

Reply to
the pilot

I cannot find any plastic wing nuts, and you cannot get your hand into the rear of the light cluster, as there is an inner piece of the body in the way.

Reply to
the pilot

HBOL says f*ck all about removing the actual bulb holder bit, so I wandered off to the drive with a torch. I can see a 10mm nut on the nearside one through a large gap in the metal at the side of the boot where the light unit sits. The offside one is hidden by the rear washer bottle which will have to be unbolted first. Either way, there is not a lot of space to undo it, but there is definately one nut to undo from the inside. No plastic wingnut on mine. But on the bright side, there only appears to be one nut to undo, I was expecting two. You will find it on the inboard side of the light cluster btw.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I think you have got it there, it looks like a box spanner job, as the stud id approx 1 inch long.

Many thanks

Reply to
the pilot

The message from "John" contains these words:

It's probably never occured to them to check whether they work or not.

Reply to
Guy King