Citroen Synergy rear brakes?

The B-in-Law has asked me to have a look at his rear brakes as the handbrake is not holding very well on his 1996 Citroen Synergy 2.0. I'm not sure if the rears are fitted with pads or shoes until I pop down and see it. Not got a manual for this motor so just wanted to know that if it is fitted with pads then do the rear callipers require any windback procedure to push home the piston? Or if it's fitted with shoes then does the drum pull straight off after removing any securing screw or is it one of those that require you to undo the wheel bearing? Thanks.

Reply to
Redwood