Citroen Xsara remote key fob question

I hope someone can help me here.

I have just purchased two Citroen Xsara's. One is an LX on a 51 plate and the other is a Desire on a 54 plate. I got two remote access fobs with the

51 plate but only one with the 54 plate.

I asked for a second for the 54 plate and was given a simple key blade and told that I would have to pay over £100 for a second remote fob.

I'm not pleased as my expectation, following discussion with the salesman, was to receive 2 fobs for each car.

I cannot find any real information, my dealer is telling me that all newer cars only have one fob.

Can anyone provide me with any information or guide me to where I might find a definitive answer? I have tried calling Citroen UK but get told to ring my dealer.

Reply to
NewsGroupQuestion

I just purchased A nice shiny C2 from Murley Citroen Leamington, very nice ppl.

I got 2 keyfobs, as did my friend who also had a c2.

2 keys is the Norm, and no exception.

Nells

Reply to
Neil

Thanks, one comment that I should add is that I've been told that cars without alarms don't have 2 fobs. A colleague just bought a Saxo from the same dealer and it did not have an alarm but she got two fobs.

It's difficult to no what to do - I'll pop across to legal group perhaps.

Reply to
NewsGroupQuestion

"NewsGroupQuestion" wrote in message news:d02f9t$ufq$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

I have a slightly older Xsara and only got one fob (no alarm). I was slightly apprehensive, so (also considering it had no alarm), bought an aftermarket alarm/immobilisor which worked with the remote central locking. Job done and double the security

Reply to
Steph

Got a 02 plate Xsara and that only came with one key fob. Never really questioned it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris A