Citroen zx heater prob

My heater fan has stopped working all of a sudden. I have been told its probably the Ballast resistor. Can anybody tell me where this is? I have had half the dash out and can't trace the wiring any further.

Thanks

Reply to
Rob Evans

Unless your informant knows something I don't, I've never heard of a ballast resistor being anything to do with a heater fan. They are generally part of the ignition circuit to allow 12 volts to get to the starter but restrict the ignition primary voltage to about 6 when the starter has stopped starting, so to speak.

But maybe they have a place to play in some fan circuits. I'd be interested to learn.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

heater fan resistor, just done a Pug 205 and that is under the dash, passenger foot well area, off the top of my head I cant rember where the zx is might be the same place, if it is just give it a thump its usually dirty sticking bushes.

Reply to
reg

It's in the heater box, passenger side. Follow the wires back from the blower motor. the supply to the motor comes through the resistor. It's screwed in with 2 self tappers, four wires. I think it might be on top of the box on ZX.

John

Reply to
John

remove f/windscreen wiper and scuttle panel then on n/s of car remove air intake grill look down you`ll see it turns eek been a while can`t remember which way hth regards Tim. usually these that cause the problem :)

Reply to
Tim-mz500r