Clio ABS fault

Wife's 2003 Clio, just out of warranty :-( has recently got the SERV and ABS lights coming on intermittently. Sometimes they are on at start up and they can stay on or sometimes they go out during a journey, and sometimes they come on during the journey. Fluid levels are OK. Any other suggestions on what to look for?

Reply to
Ian

Do the lights always light up together, or does one come on and not the other? Does the ABS work when they are on? Find a quiet gravelly car park to check. (c:

I don't know about the specific behaviour of Renault systems, but I'd look for a gubbed wheel sensor, as I've had a similar intermittent ABS fault on a Citroen which turned out to be the sensor wire, which had come adrift from its bracket and been rubbed away by the wheel.

I believe it is possible to check wheel sensors with a multimeter (they usually unplug somewhere). I don't know how to check them, but you might find the answer with some gratuitous use of google groups, as I'm sure it has been mentioned in here or uk.rec.cars.misc before.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

This happened on my 1998 Laguna. The ABS sensors were replaced (under warranty). Problem solved.

Reply to
Stuart Lyon