Clio Y-plate 1.9 Diesel Fuel Problem

Hi,

I've been trying to sort a fueling problem on a Clio 1.9 diesel. Symptoms are the car takes about 10 turns to get it started from an overnight stand and suffers lack of power when driving. Starting from warm is OK.

Likely candidates causing the problem are a) blocked fuel filter b) air getting into the system?

Fuel filter, glow plugs and air filter have been replaced and one of the clear plastic fuel lines that routes via clips on the edge of the air filter has now been correctly routed after the monkey that serviced it got it wrong and it was touching the top of the engine (didn't melt tho)

- this has resulted in fixing the lack of power and vastly improving the starting.

End of ramble - now the question... I'm still seeing bubbles in the fuel lines before starting and it still takes 3/4 cranks to get it started where as it fired straight away before, even from cold - is there a purge/bleed mechanism for the fuel pump or is it an automatic process?

Thanks for listening...

Q.

Reply to
Quincy