Cold Start Problem

Hi Guys, The wife's car is a 99 Mazda 626 GSI Estate 2 ltr which has a major problem when starting from cold.As soon as it warms up it drives fine but it has no fast idle at all. We had it in to are local mechanic who cleaned out the throttle body and the idle solenoid which seemed to work but only for a few days. We then had it in the Local Mazda agent who changed the throttle gasket which also did the trick for a couple of days but we are now back to square one. It has just passed the MOT with flying colours so all emissions are fine. I suspect that a temp sensor is involved but have no idea where i should be looking. Any ideas or recommendation for a garage in Leicestershire that can sort it out most welcome Morris

Reply to
Moslynne

most likely that you need a new IACV (the bit that controls the idle) since on the two occasions it has been in a garage it has come back OK, at the garage they will have cleaned the IACV which has worked for a few days and then seized up again.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Seconded. Mitsi FTOs like my wifes are reknown for IACV failure and the symptoms are exactly the same, so much that the owners club recommend buying one as a spare even if the current one is working fine.

Reply to
Conor