Comparison site

Hi, does anyone know of a comparison website that will show me which cars are in which road tax band and their MPG?

thanks,

I'm thinking of getting something with the £35 road tax and as much MPG as I can with a budget of around £4k, I'm thinking Fiesta TDCi and 206 HDi 1.4, both of which are claiming 60 MPG and fall into band B. I would just like to see what alternatives there are

Thanks

Reply to
Staffbull

Staffbull ( snipped-for-privacy@staffbull.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you're looking at new, then

gives the FULL info, but almost any buyer's guide will give you it, too.

If you're looking at used, then Parkers is as good as any.

Reply to
Adrian

£35 ? I think it's currently £40 for a Toyota Prius hybrid car. You will be lucky to tax anything for less than that unless it is fully electric. Both might claim 60mpg but you might not get that in real life. I got 50mpg from a Megane 1.9 which cost £140 to tax - I give it back before any more bits fell off. I wouldn't bother with the fiesta, I would favour the 206 if I had to get a small diesel. Get something that runs on vegetable oil or biodiesel and google for a local supplier. That way you will save a lot of money. I will be buying another diesel soon after being sick of between 15 and 20MPG from a petrol. How about a Corsa 1.7diesel? They were quite fast!
Reply to
Rob

a comparison website that will show me which cars

The current band B is =A335/annum. Many small cars fall into this bracket, including the 1.4/1.6 TDCI Fiesta and the 1.4 HDi 206. The OP is correct.

My sister runs a 2006 Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6 TDCI, driven mainly around town with the occasional long motorway run. She consistently sees upwards of 65mpg.

Why exactly do you say this? They use the same engine, and the Fiesta won't fall apart around your eyes like the 206. Besides, the Fiesta is a much better drive.

But they are also a Corsa, therefore s**te.

Reply to
Andy Tucker