Corsa B crankshaft

Please could someone tell me exactly where to look for the position of this crankshaft sensor? I have bought a replacemant but cannot locate it under the bonnet!!!!!!!

Help!

TIA

Reply to
tim27w

What engine?

Most VX engines have the sensor located at the aux drive pulley. 12v and 1.2

16v engines have them bolted inside the block, C12, C/X14, C/X16's have them bolted externally facing the pulley itself.
Reply to
Sandy Nuts

thanks for the reply, its a 1.0L 12v w reg, please can you dumb this down for me??

Reply to
tim27w

OK, you'll need to access the sensor by removing the drivers side, front wheel (assuming you're in the UK!). The sensor is bolted inside the engine block, at the rear, just at the pulley that drives the belt for the alternator.

It's a two pin connector, and should be the only thing with a connector in that area.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Thanks, im in the UK. I will have a go first thing in the morning. Many thanks for answering my question. Really appreciated! Thanks tim

Reply to
tim27w