Corsa-C Rear Brake Shoe Problem

I have a Corsa -C and recently put a new brake shoes into the rear drums. This weekend I started getting a noise from the nearside drum during travel, which disappeared when I pulled the handbrake slightly. I took the drum off to investigate and found that the shoe facing the front of the car had slipped off the cylinder at the top, it had moved toward the back plate not toward the drum. I put everything back as it's supposed to be and all was ok. The same problem has appeared again today!! Has anybody come across this before and is there anything I can do to stop the shoe moving away from the cylinder? Cheers

Reply to
Spleurker

Something is not sitting in place properly (you 100% sure that all the springs, adjusters and levers are in the right place?), or you've fitted the wrong shoes.

Reply to
moray

The shoes looked identical to the ones I took off, and all the springs/ adjuster etc are where they are supposed to be. The offside assembly has been ok and thats the same.

Reply to
Spleurker

Somehting can't be right though because these things just don't move on their own. Did you use new securing clips? I'm guessing a bit here but most brake shoes that I've changed in the last decade have these tiddly pins with springs and a securing washer on top to hold the shoes in laterally. I believe you're supposed to use new ones when you change the shoes. You've got the springs in the right order i.e. not put the top spring on the bottom?

Reply to
malc

Spleurker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Are you sure the locating pin is in?