Rubbing rear brake drums

Hi, i have recently done a full suspension rebuild and to do that i had to disconnect the handbrake cable which meant stripping down the rear drums and
shoes. When i have put it all back together, something in there is rubbing as i am driving along and its getting really hot! i have stripped it back down and not sure if it is the drum rubbing or the disc, but after i take the caliper off it still rubs when i turn it by hand. I have the adjuster for the handbrake wound all the way off so its confusing the hell out of me.
Thanks for any replies