Corsa gear/clutch problem

I have an R reg 1.2 Corsa and am now experiencing problems engaging the gears. It will not go into reverse at all and the other gears are quite tight. When the engine is idling and you do 'clunk' into one of the gears with the clutch kept down there is a slight change in engine note/noise. I can't be sure but I think the travel required on the clutch isn't what it used to be. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
SC

Ever checked the gearbox oil level?

Reply to
Conor

It sounds very much as though the clutch is not clearing enough when you drop the pedal. It's probably the cable adjustment (is it a cable-operated clutch?). If it's not that then it probably means the thrust bearing - rather more expensive to cure.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham