Corsa stuttering

My mates Corsa stutters under accleration when the engine is under load - ie going up a hill - it will accelerate then stay at a certain rpm for a split second before carrying on - especially when cold. Feels like the driver keeps taking his foot off the accelerator then putting it back on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Ben Organ

Assuming it is petrol then first thing to check might be spark plugs.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Yea - thats what I thought and he's gonna change them asap.

Any other possibilites though once thats been checked?

Reply to
Ben Organ

Plugs or leads. Probably the later- replace the heatshields (if this is the old family 2 8 valver) too. Use genuine GM.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

No, 16v

Reply to
Ben Organ

Still Ht leads and make sure the coil pack surface is clean. If its suffering from a poor idle as well, then look at the EGR valve which fail about as often as the pope preys...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..