Cost of Tyre Fitting and Balancing

it is actually, think of the aggravation that might come if the tyre develops a fault: manufacturing or fitting? the tyre place then has the grief of sorting out a problem that has not even earnt them any profit on the tyre.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Just the same applies to removing a tyre to fix a puncture.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You haven't run a service business like a tyre shop, have you? in the case that the (supplied by customer) tyre develops a manufacturing fault, (more likely if the tyre is cheap and nasty in the first place.) where do you think the owner will take it to in the event of a fault? the internet company? or the tyre shop? The tyre shop then have the grief of a disgruntled customer that they haven't even earnt much out of in the first place.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Not like a tyre shop no or anything else connected with the motor trade. Are customers special there - or just used to being pissed around? You obviously have a poor opinion of their judgement.

Most tend to think the manufacturer responsible rather than the supplier. Dunno how many would think a fitter was, depending on what went wrong with it.

They've earn whatever they want to charge for fitting only. And if they don't want to do this they aren't obliged to take that work.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In my direct experience mean customers (the sort that hunt out the cheapest , nastiest stuff and drive things like old skodas and the like) are the most troublesome, and will try it on over anything they can. Fitting tyres for people like that is hard work at the best of times, when you don't earn out of it, why bother? I wouldn't and I think you would find the same attitude from many a small business owner, it just isn't worth the potential grief, and yes, customers DO piss you around given half a chance, not the shop owners!

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Since when was fitting tyres using modern equipment 'hard work'? Sure you might have to remove the wheel from the car, but then you do for many other maintenance or repair tasks too. And if you don't earn out of it you're not charging enough. It's a free country - you can charge what you like.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You misunderstand, the hard work bit is actually dealing with the customer. You must remember that tyres are 99 per cent of the time a distress purchase, so 99 percent of the customers begrudge buying them. So, in order to keep a happy face on, in the face of adversity, you need to earn a decent whack out of the job, which you won't do if the customer brings the tyre in, but you can if you supply the tyre.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Heh. Some things are the same regardless of sector / industry / trade... :p

Heh. I suppose. I see your point, the bit about the customer trying it on.

Reply to
DervMan