Cracked autobox casing - help !!

A friend ( no seriously, its not me ) ran over a rock and cracked the casing of his saabs autobox - the fluid leaked out over a persiod of a fwew hours. The AA man put some metal/epoxy stuff on it and refilled the box which got him home.

So, is it a non-starter to weld in-situ even if access is possible ? Is glue the best possible bodge ? Or, is it a case of removing fixing/replacing the autobox........

Needless to say the car is 10 years old and he doesnt have too much cash

Steve

Reply to
sro

Depending on what epoxy stuff the AA used he may fine it will leak again as the oil eats away at the epoxy so I have found out at the expense of the drive away lol - aww well at least I got my new pressure washer :-)

I would say weld it it is possible

HTH Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

get a replacement you don't want it to go again do you

Reply to
dojj

I'd say a secondhand one the cheapest bet. But preferably one you can check before buying.

Reply to
Dave Plowman