Crossindex for car paint?

I'm on a hunt for a can of cheap (less than a tenner) aerosol paint to spray a new replacement door mirror housing on my Octavia.
The color is Skoda Magická modrá (blue magic) which is not stocked by Halfords, but they have plenty of other similar looking colours for all other manufacturers. Other VW group vehicles, Fords and BMW choices look close going by the can lids (fatal mistake, I know..)
Is there a cheat cross index sheet, involving say pantone colour numbers, that might locate a close (not necessarily exact) alternative?
--
Adrian C

On 25/05/18 13:32, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Scrap that.
Just been down to Halfords, and chosen a rattle can of VW Marine Blue ...
--
Adrian C

Think I'd have done them in matt black. ;-)
--
*You're never too old to learn something stupid.
On 25/05/18 14:52, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Next time: https://www.paints4u.com/
On 27/05/18 22:12, Chris Bartram wrote:

Yup, noted.
VW Marine Blue is not Blue Magic. Anyone digging this up on goggle - don't do it!
It'll only be a few months until some one whacks and smashes this mirror off again (narrow road), then I get to buy new paint!
--
Adrian C

On 03/06/2018 21:15, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Didn't the paint you actually wanted also required a clear coat?
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 03/06/18 21:22, alan_m wrote:

Yup, did that.
When I find some tuits, I'll find the correct colour, sand down and redo it. Marine blue suits boats much better than cars.
--
Adrian C