Crossindex for car paint?

I'm on a hunt for a can of cheap (less than a tenner) aerosol paint to spray a new replacement door mirror housing on my Octavia.

The color is Skoda Magická modrá (blue magic) which is not stocked by Halfords, but they have plenty of other similar looking colours for all other manufacturers. Other VW group vehicles, Fords and BMW choices look close going by the can lids (fatal mistake, I know..)

Is there a cheat cross index sheet, involving say pantone colour numbers, that might locate a close (not necessarily exact) alternative?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Scrap that.

Just been down to Halfords, and chosen a rattle can of VW Marine Blue ...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Think I'd have done them in matt black. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Next time:

Chris Bartram

Yup, noted.

VW Marine Blue is not Blue Magic. Anyone digging this up on goggle - don't do it!

It'll only be a few months until some one whacks and smashes this mirror off again (narrow road), then I get to buy new paint!

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Didn't the paint you actually wanted also required a clear coat?

Reply to
alan_m

Yup, did that.

When I find some tuits, I'll find the correct colour, sand down and redo it. Marine blue suits boats much better than cars.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz