Damn fiesta rev problem :)

Ages ago our fiesta started to over rev when coming to a stop and depressing the clutch/changing gear. It was a random problem - sometimes it was fine sometimes really bad. It also used to under-rev at times and try to cut out.

We had it put through the diagnostics but they couldnt get error codes out of it. We then had a gasket fixed near the exhaust manifold and it seemed to fix it for a while (it was definately a lot quieter too) and we thought that was it, as we were told it would be running too rich and was blowing as it was.

But no, it came back. A couple of weeks ago we had a new back box fitted and its quietened the noise even more, and we are getting better performance, but for the last couple of days the car has been horrifically under revving as you slow, and coming to a stop you have to fight to keep it ticking over. IF you rev for a while, it will stabilise, but as soon as you move off and then slow again it drops like a stone.

We cant win with it - and have no idea what we can do to placate it! Please does anyone have any suggestions or a definite probability?

Cheers Helen

Reply to
Helen

fuel filter?

Reply to
Makhno

Well i'm hoping not as I believe thats one of the things replaced in the service, done at the same time as the exhaust change 2 weeks ago.

Helen

Reply to
Helen

Tried the ISCV (Idle Speed Control Valve)? They get caked in crud and start playing silly sods. Either try and clean it with carb cleaner, or look at a new one (between £40-£80 from Ford). Bit of a common fault on Festers and Escort EFi's

Reply to
Phil Howard

I think Helen;s is the CFI, so only idle stepper motor on this. However, check the wiring to the cluch and brake pedal switches under the dash. Also check that one the clutch you get continuity thro the switch when u press the pedal, and the opposite on the brake pedal.

Other than that your stepper motor, and throttle body need looking at.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Well we just had it done. Twas the TPS as was suggested so long ago - but the original garage about a year ago said it was fine, even though it was the same symptoms but much worse this time.

We have just had it replaced by Nationwide (Ford quoted us £89 inc vat for the CFi part, NW said Ford charged them £110 for it but they would "fit it free" for me - hmm making a little profit on their parts I think?)

That is presuming ours TAKES a Cfi, not an Efi, which was like £32. Then I WOULD complain.

Well we just have to wait and see if it behaves itself for the next few weeks. Will be mighty fine if we have no more revving problems.

Until the next problem!

Helen xx

Reply to
Helen