Diesel Escort solenoid and glowplug cicuit wiring

Hi all.

My 1.8 Diesel Escort had some problems a few weeks ago and I managed to rectify the fault by bypassing it.

The trouble was the electric circuits for the heater plugs and fuel cut off solenoid would not energise when I turned on the ignition, I got around it by creating a new line from the battery through a switch and fuse directly onto the rail which should have been powered by the ignition. All works fine.

The glow plug indicator lamp had not worked for twelve months, I assumed the bulb had blown. However, with my new wiring the lamp again lights so I assume there is a fault in the wiring for the circuit. Is it likely I have a broken wire?

I also wonder if anyone can tell me where the fuse 'B1' shown in the Haynes manual is, I cannot find it anywhere, on the fusebox or in the engine auxiliary fuse box.

Reply to
Billy H