Does anybody know here about Mercs W123 estates?

Gah. I found a _really_ nice one that only has a 'small' problem - namely, the self leveling rear suspension has given up the ghost[1]. Which, according to all the German buyers guides I've read for these, is a mega-Euros repair.

And yes, they all do that sir.

Does anybody have any idea what's involved in fixing them and 'ow much? I've got rather frightening numbers dancing in front of my eyes since I had a gander on gsfcarparts and found the dreaded words 'self-leveling valve', 'hydropneumatic' and 'suspension sphere'. And yes, I was on the right page...

[1] Ever noticed that pretty much *all* W123 TEs in places like fleabay seem to drag their heels? Looking like someone nicked their engine? That'll be why...
Reply to
Timo Geusch