Eco mode lite on at startup 206

Recently when the key is inserted and before cranking the engine my 206 has been showing the Eco Mode display but only from cold. Once started it goes off as usual. I don't listen to the radio when the car is not in use and nothing is left turned on.

I highly suspect this might be a warning that the battery is past its best. It is the original battery on a 05 plate.

Can anyone confirm if this is so? Thanks

Reply to
Thomas

Suggest you get the battery changed for peace of mind, and also have the engine / gearbox --> chassis earths checked.

However, this kind of fault can also be a bsi unit about to go to the big electronic graveyard in the sky, although I have had 50% success with re-booting and or re-flashing them when strange things start going on. You need to find the fuse marked "shunt" in the fuse box. With the doors unlocked and key out, after the car has gone to sleep after 10-15mins, remove it for 10seconds, then replace. Turn on the ignition and LEAVE it on until the gauges have rachetted around to max and then zero'd.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..