Engine Rev??

Hi, I have a P reg Seat Ibiza 1.4i Just wanted to know something.

When i am driving and i dip the clutch and drop of the gas the engine revs peak up around 2k more than what they were when i was in gear.

This gets annoying because it sounds like i am revving between gear changes. At first i thought this was me still having my foot down but i have since tried it other ways. For example, taking my foot off the accelerator a good second or two before dipping the clutch and it still does it.

I have never had a car that does this before.

Just wondering is this a problem or is this supposed to happen?

Ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris A

It's not supposed to happen, so it is a problem. I have no idea of the cause, but I'd certainly get it fixed ASAP. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Don't know much about Ibizas but it could be the idle control valve (if fitted to this model!) - they sometimes stick after a few years and need a good blast of carb cleaner and/or WD40.

Reply to
Carl Bowman

Well there is 86k on the clock, it has the same engine as a VW Polo As far as i know. Will look in my maintenance manual and see if i can find this valve.

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris A