Engine warning light

Hi everyone,

Have had trouble with my ignition barrel on my N reg Vauxhall cav, managed to get it out but by mistake I pulled out the ingnition switch which went everywhere. Have put it back together now but I get the yellow warning light on the dash, checked for a spark & their was nothing.

Can you please give me a idea of what could be the fault.

Reply to
Steven Lowers

Does the light flash while cranking? It's possible you have knackered the immobiliser coil that sits near the barrel to recognise authorized keys. This won't allow the engine to start.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

You haven't connected it back up properly? I'd recheck it and hope you haven't popped anything.

Reply to
gazzafield