Exhaust security bolts help

After recently having a new stainless steel back box stolen of my Astra, I'm reluctant to fit another. Anyone know of any type of security bolt or method that I could use that would hinder future thieving b******s from doing the same again. Seems it's becoming pretty common to get your exhaust nicked, never occurred to me though. Car is alarmed wirh shock sensor and they managed to get the box removed without setting it off, right outside my flat.

cheers

Reply to
Tank

yes, use shear nuts which are available from screwfix, the hexagon shears off when the nut is done up very tight, leaving just a smooth metal cone, very difficult to get off without grinding it off

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Snot it up with a mig ?

Reply to
Tony Bond

You could try moving somewhere less pikey?

Or... just fit a more pikey exhaust. Or at least a *visibly* more pikey exhaust...

Reply to
PC Paul

Weld a few razor blades to the outside of it?

Then all you need to do is check every morning for fingers.

Reply to
SimonJ