Fiat coolant leeking - please advise

Eh? - this is the 'Body Computer' ECU.

It controls just about _everything_ on a Punto MkII. If it hadn't been for the 'Body Computer' I'd probably be kicking about in a broom yellow Sporting rather than my ropey old Alfa 155.

Reply to
SteveH

You have no idea, it was this period of time I left the newsgroup. Last year I was all but prepared to leave the motor trade altogether.

The old Mondeos are not a patch on these things for crapness ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

No, not quite. You have a body computer, which controls *all* lighting, immobiliser, alarm, interior lights, central locking and so on. This computer talks to the main engine computer, so another computer is involved. There is also a keycode box that grabs the signal from the key and transmits it to the body computer.

So you get this sequence at startup:

Key in ignition, turn on Keycode box reads signal and sends to body computer Bit of handshaking If all OK, the body computer talks to engine ECU. Bit more handshaking If you're lucky it'll start.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt