Fiat Punto Mk2 side lights

The drivers side wiper arm broke away from the drive arm and since then the front side lights will not work. The wiper arm I have repaired using a tip from the fiatforum using a penny and araldite rather than parting with £170 to a fiat dealer. Hope it lasts.

Back to the lights. I have checked all the fuses and they are ok. I have looked at the bulbs and the filaments look intact. I have ruled out a short circuit because that would have blown a fuse and the only other thing I can think of is that there is an open circuit. I thought that the action of the arm breaking has broken a wire but looking at the wiring I can't see that any of it runs near the wiper arm. So I am baffled. Any Ideas?

Reply to
Michael