fiat punto over heating

got a 1999 60S its done 53.000 miles and has started to over heat after doing a 60mile journey the thermostat has been tested with a kettle!! was told that was ok, now been told its the cylinder head might have gone because of the overheating can any-one tell me if it could be anything esle so dont get ripped off thanx

Reply to
debbs

Probably a head-gasket gone. My Punto 60S had done 35,000 when the head-gasket went. Cost £250.00 to have the head tested, skimmed and other bits.

Reply to
ABC

Hi it's the head gasket.

Reply to