Fiesta 1.25 Duratec - water in spark Plug well

Just had AA out to car -- Fiesta 1.25 10,000 miles only and I have water in Spark plug wells - corrosion on plugs 1 & 3 and advised that plugs shall require to be changed.

Can anyone advise:

1) Is it OK to continue driving (it misses every now and again but bearable) without causing any major problems? I'm unable to get a garage appt until a week away.

2) How does water get into the wells? I had a cooling problem (lack of fluid about a month or so back, gurgling sounds from under dashboard etc - fluid level now topped up) could the cooling problem have caused the water to gather.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Reply to
brendanolear

Usually improperly seated HT leads allow water into the plug wells. You run the risk of damaging the catalytic convertor if the engine is regularly misfiring.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

How old is it?

Reply to
Iridium

Hi Dan - Car is 15 months old

Reply to
brendanolear

Hi Dan - Car is 15 months old

Reply to
brendanolear

Warranty issue surely if there is a problem with the cooling system and the HT leads?

Reply to
malc

Thanks for all help.

Reply to
brendanolear

Thanks for all help.

Reply to
brendanolear

Talk to Ford. If it's called a Duratec and it's a 1.25, chances are it's well inside the warranty.

No. Misfires are bad.

Either the cooling system problem or, "you got me, unless you drive about with no bonnet." :-p

Reply to
DervMan

Bingo :-)

Reply to