Fiesta 1.25 zetec (97) running problems

Hi

Wondered if you could possibly help me with a query.

I fitted a second hand engine to a 97 Fiesta zetec 1.25se. Now it starts and idles fine but as soon as you open the throttle it sounds like there is a rush of air in the inlet manifold and the engine revs dip like it is being smothered. (I have checked all the usual, vac pipes manifold leaks and elec plugs all in and tight. Also worth noting is that I changed almost everything over from the old engine as the new one had the gas recirc pipe work. The Engine code is the same.) This translates to a brief kangaroo affect or sometimes a stall if cold and just pulling away. Under normal driving it is pretty good but not achieving full revs through the gears making it under powered. I was at full throttle up a slight incline but it did not pull and when I let of the throttle slightly it surged with power. Any ideas?

cheers

Reply to
Rigmech

low fuel pressure might cause your symptoms

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Fuel pressure same as it was before, nothing has changed except the engine.

I,m thinking it may be the temp sender as that and the crank position sensor is the only ones that have not been changed out.

Would that cause these simptoms? Cheers

Reply to
Rigmech