Fiesta Alarm

Odd fault with my Fiesta 96 alarm (standard on the Ghia) - the red light doesn't flash on the dash to warn that it's set. But I've tested the alarm and it is definitely working. But if I open and close the boot lid, without setting the alarm off, the light starts flashing normally.

Having had my last car trashed by joyriders 5 days after I bought it, and 2 days after moving to Oxford, I want the yobs to know it's alarmed. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Gregor

Tracey - many thanks for the reply - I just tried it. After about the 4th press the alarm gives a "pip" and the indicators flash once. I carry on to the 10th and it does it once more - then carries on giving a brief "pip" about every 10 seconds.

But relocking the car, it's back to its non-flashing condition.

I'm sure we're on the right track, and it involves somehow re-setting the system. Any more ideas?

So very grateful to be in touch with someone with "the knowledge"!

Greg.

Reply to
Gregor