disconnect alarm

Hello, I have a 1997 ford ranger with an alarm that I believe keeps draining my battery. The battery is about a week old as I replaced the old one because that would not hold a charge. I pulled all the fuses and could not get the flashing light on the dash to stop flashing. I dont know if it is factory equipped or after market. I can disable it by the remote but the little light on the dash continues to flash. I drive it 30 miles to work so I dont believe the alternator is bad, but if it sets longer than 2 days the battery is dead. any help would be appreciated. Todd

Reply to
v2619

Hi,

There is a diode in the alternator that can cause the exact synptoms you describe. It will still charge your batt when you drive but allows it to drain overnight. Been there done that.

Reply to
invalid unparseable