Fiesta Door Mirror

Hi all

My mother has a 2007 fiesta - the model etc escapes me.

Something's happened to the passenger door mirror, probably due to impact! The mirrors are electrically controlled, both for viewing adjustment and for retraction when parked. With both door mirrors fully "un-retracted" (extended?), the driver's door mirror sits neatly in the housing when set such that the driver has a good view down the line of the car to the rear. To look down the line of the car through the passenger door mirror, it is necessary to adjust it to its maximum travel. This means that the outside edge of the glass reflector is clear of the housing by about 1/2" which looks naff.

On inspection, the main housing body seems to be in the correct position relative to its mounting. So the only possible change I can see would be if the fixing of the glass reflector into the housing has been affected. The reflector seemed solidly attached, but I didn't want to force glass round into what I thought was the right position.

Anyone know how the reflectors are fixed, or what else to check here?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster
[...]

Find another Fester of the same age, and see what that is like. It's not uncommon for the n/s mirror to need the glass at an extreme angle on most cars.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

they do look like that, if the drivers seat is far forward the left mirror does not sit nicely in the housing ( I worked on one last week and noticed it)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I was going to ask if his mum is a short lady...

Reply to
Gordon H

"Gordon H" wrote

Thanks guys

You're right Gordon, she is short. But this is something she has brought to my attention, as though it hasn't always been like that!

I'll interogate her next time I see her - maybe it's always been like that since she became the sole driver.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

In message , TheScullster writes

Mr Cheerful wrote:

At least she looks in her mirrors, most women just use the one on the back of the sun visor. (D&R)

Which reminds me, when I pick up a blonde lady friend on a nice day and reverse away from parking, using my mirrors, I am often distracted by conflicting visuals until I cover up the passenger visor mirror.

Reply to
Gordon H

Dual airbags?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

You could say that... 8-) Try reversing using the centre mirror with the visor mirror in your peripheral vision and get back to me. Maybe it's just me...

Reply to
Gordon H