Honda Jazz Rear Brake Pad Replacement

hi

I am about to change the _REAR_ pads and disks on the the other half's Jazz 1.4 04 plate.

I understand that one needs to wind back the calipers/pistons, rather than simply pushing them back.

I have aquired in a set of tools from my deceased grandfather a wind-back tool that looks something like this

(mine doesn't have the T-Bar at the top just a Hex Shaft for using with a spanner I assume...

It has R/Hand stamped in the top

Can anyone confirm that this tool will wind back the Piston's on the Jazz? I.e. is a right hand tool required?

Any other pitfalls in this job, im looking to carry out the work at home in a reasonably well equipped home garage.

The car recently visited Honda for some recall work to be done and as part of the free offer to spank check they do they said the Caliper was seized + binding (new caliper for £192+vat). However i am not convinced by their diagnosis, all pads (and disks for that matter) are worn equally with no "bluing" the car brakes fine and straight (also with the handbrake) despite a 130mile motorway run both rear disks were only luke warm to the touch. During this "check" honda did not remove the wheeltrims never mind the wheels. Does the panel think they are talking tosh?

To say the car has something of a maintance backlog is putting it lightly, it wasnt EVER serviced until last year (104k Miles) the only work ever having being undertaken being a new clutch, a new rad and a set of front pads. I have now done loads to it and it runs as sweet as a nut, gives 42mpg around town/country. I love it to bits as a functional day to day run around.

Reply to
Tom Burton

This may help you...

Mike P