Fiesta floating exhaust!

The rear section of my Fiesta 1.3 (2000 reg) thrashes about so much sometimes it hits the heatscreen/underside of the car. There doesn't seem to be anything broken or missing so I just wonder - do those fat rubber band things stretch and maybe it's them need replacing? thx

Reply to
dave

Yup, they do. But also make sure your engine mounts arent so worn they're making the exhaust move by the engine rocking too much.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Mine (on a different car) only used to make a noise when it was raining.

It either moves around way too much incase something probably is missing or it hasn't quite been fitted right.

Reply to
adder1969