Fiesta Mk6 front springs.

Mate has just had a front spring fail.

204-159 (14-039) Lower strut to wheel knuckle lever - can a chisel do the job?

Do the lower pinch bolts have to be replaced with new?

Reply to
Peter Hill

Undoing a tapered ball joint is vastly easier with a proper ball joint splitter, in the absense of one then you can spring the ball joint out by using two heavy hammers, one as back up and the other to hit the side of the arm at the pin location, it is a bit of a trick to do, and I would avoid it, it would be a side of the road in the wilderness thing as far as I am concerned. It is recommended to replace the bolt/nut, but I doubt that anyone does unless they have really messed it up taking it out.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I don't think I need to touch either ball joint to get the strut out of the knuckle clamp.

Workshop manual says remove the pinch bolt. Shows a lever tool being used to spread the knuckle clamp and release the strut. Can't find that tool on internet.

Reply to
Peter Hill

ah, sorry, I know the sort. You can spread the clamp with a small chisel. Sealey or clark do sell the right tool, look in the machine mart catalogue, it is in there.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Or Laser do a cheap one that you rotate in the gap

Reply to
Duncan Wood