Fiesta Zetec 1.25 clutch

Just out of interest, it is quite straightforward to change these without dropping the subframe, etc.

removing the belt tensioner and the water pump pulley bolts will allow the engine to move sideways enough to change the clutch through the gap.

That saved quite some time, and since the earlier ones are now 'at that age' I am certain there will soon be more to do.

It looked as though there was enough room to change the hydraulic bit too!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Yes, I did one that way a couple of months ago on my stepson's fiesta. The only thing is that I wouldn't dream of doing it without changing the slave cylinder as well (Sod's law would apply here- fit new clutch and a couple of weeks later the seals would go!). Give me the good old- fashioned slave cylinder fitted on the *outside* of the bell housing any day.

Reply to
Partac

Usually, I would have said the same, change it to be safe, but in this case: This one was actually quite low mileage (

Reply to
mrcheerful