1995 Grand Prix GTP Alternator Replace

Hi All, Anyone have any info. or tricks on replacing the alternator on a

95 Grand Prix with the 3.4 motor ? Any and all help will be Greatly Appreciated Thanks Ray
Reply to
Mission2

wrote

The way I do this job is to drop the subframe on the right side. You will need to disconnect the right ball joint in order to get enough downward movement. There will be shield that goes around the right halfshaft, it need to be removed. I would suggest that you disconnect the steering shaft from the steering rack "at" the rack as a safety precaution. Even though you are dropping the right side, it's still possible to pull the steering shaft apart.

There is one bolt that is quite difficult to reach at the back of the alternator. It is used to retain a small metal brace. You just have to hold your tongue a certain way and you should be able to get it....

Basically, you will end up dropping the subframe down low enough that the alternator is looking you right in the face. Then it's not that bad of a job......(except for that rear bolt)

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai