Fixings on a Zetec engine ISCV

Due to a high idle caused by a sticking ISCV, I've had a look at removing the device from the throttle body - but am not quite sure as to the fixings used. They look like torx (spelling?) heads but an appropriate sized allen key fits in fine - but I don't want to risk griding away the jaggy bits if they are torx.

Can anyone shed any light on what type of fixings these are and if they are safely removed with an allen key?

Thanks,

Graham

Reply to
Graham

They are Torx, but if your allen key fits well and they're not too tight then you should be able to remove them without causing damage.

Don't forget to throughly clean the throttle body out too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Use the correct driver. The spelling (Torx) is correct. There are two types of Torx bits - plain and security. The latter has a small pip in the centre of the screw fitting, with a corresponding hole in the driver. Both types of drivers can be obtained very cheaply at Maplins (less than a fiver) Buy a set of security bits, or an assorted set. Torx fittings are a six point star shape.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D